( South Central Region 1)
1. High-Point awards may be offered at each show and/or for an entire show series.
2. To qualify for High-Point awards, entrants must be paid members of the GHSA prior to competing in their first show. Awards will be based on horse/rider combinations For Amateur and Youth.
3. Horse of the Year (2020) The GHSA will be awarding year-end High-Point Belt Buckles to Horse of the Year. All Pointed Classes count (i.e. Youth, Amateur and Open) Points Accumulated by the horse not horse and rider Combination.
4. The GHSA will be awarding year-end High-Point Belt Buckles awarded in Amateur and Youth divisions for Purebred Gypsy horses only To the High-Point horse/rider combinations that enter and compete in a GHSA shows in 2019. These shows will include the May 23-24 GHSA Spring show in McKinney TX, The Oklahoma State Fair Gypsy Horse Show and the October 10-11 Fall Show Chickasha OK .
5. A point system will be kept for awards. Points will be kept on a 6-5-4-3-2-1 basis. If less than 6 horses are in a class, points will be based on the number in the class. (ie. if four horses are in the class, points will be 4-3-2-1). For classes designated as WTC or WJL, an additional point will be added to the point system. (ie. if there are 4 horses in the class, the points will be 5-4-3-2).
6. Reserve champions will earn 3 points for that class. Champions will earn 5 points for that class. Supreme Champions will earn 5 points for that class.
7. Tie Breaker: Competitors tying with points shall have ties broken as follows:
a. First Tie Breaker – Competitor having the most 1st places;
b. Second Tie Breaker – Competitor having the most 2nd places;
c. Third Tie Breaker – Competitor having the most 3rd places.
8. Classes that will NOT count toward High-Point awards include Novice, Green, Maiden or Limited classes, Lead Line, Freestyle, Liberty, Costume, Concours D’Elegance Ridden or Driving or any classes where Purebred and cross-bred horses compete together.